- October 1, 2023!
- Camp Sekani – Upper parking lot (please follow parking officials and signs)
- 6707 E Upriver Drive Spokane, WA 99217. Directions here https://www.sekanitrailrun.com/directions/
- Early Bib Pickup: Friday, September 29, 2023. From 3:30 pm to 6:30 pm in front of Franklin Elementary 2627 E 17th Ave, Spokane, WA 99223.
- Day of Bib Pickup and Registration: Bib pickup starts at 8 am. Even if you have already picked up your bib/race packet, please make sure you arrive well before your event start time to check in for your event (we want to make sure you are accounted for!).
- Kids’ 1k: Starts at 9:30 am.
- 10k: Starts at 10 am.
- 5k: Starts at 10:30 am.
Getting there & Parking
- Parking for the race is at the Camp Sekani upper parking lot. The upper parking lot is an open field; once that is full the parking officials will direct you to the lower parking lot, followed by parking along the road if necessary.
- Please follow the parking official’s directions. There are a lot of cars that need to fit so please park tightly so that there is room for everyone. Carpooling is always a good idea.
- You do NOT need a parking pass.
- You can find directions here: https://www.sekanitrailrun.com/directions/
Check-in & Registration
- Follow the signs for check-in and registration.
- All racers for all lengths (Kids’ 1k, 5k, and 10k) need to check-in at the day of the event prior to your start time.
- Even if you have already picked up your race packet and bib, please still check in. We want to make sure you are accounted for and make sure no one is left out on the course at the end of the day.
- Check in and registration start at 8 am on October 1, 2023.
- Day of registrations are welcome. Make sure to show up well before your start time so there is enough time to get you registered, assigned a bib number, and set up in the system.
- The course is marked with yellow and black signs and some orange flagging. We’ll review this and other information prior to your race start time (roughly 10-minutes before each start).
- Course maps and descriptions can be found here: https://www.sekanitrailrun.com/2022-race-info/
- The courses are excellent for every distance!
- Remember to hydrate. There is one aid station along the course (the 10k will pass this aid station twice). Located just after mile 2; and for the 10k runners, again just after mile 5. All of the water, Gatorade, and food is hiked into the aid station; as well as the table and miscellaneous items – such as cups. If you can bring your own bottle, collapsible cup, or hydration pack to refill at the aid station, that will cut down on materials hiked in by volunteers and waste hiked out by volunteers.
- The best place for your friends and family to cheer you on at this race is from the start/finish area. All other areas will require hiking – over a mile in most places – and would likely have a tough time getting back in time to see you finish.
- Make sure to smile for the photographer as you finish!
- Medals will be awarded to the top three males and females in both the 5k and 10k divisions. The awards will be given as soon as the top three males and females in each category have finished the course.
- We will have some shirts and buffs for sale at the event.
- Please feel free to tag us in your social media posts! #Sekanitrailrun
We have amazing sponsors for this event. We want to thank all of them for helping make this even possible and for supporting the Franklin Elementary School A.P.P.L.E. program. Please consider supporting them, and thanking them for supporting you. https://www.sekanitrailrun.com/sponsors/
- Lee & Hayes – https://www.leehayes.com/
- CHAS Health – https://chas.org/
- Page 42 Bookstore – https://www.page42bookstore.com/
This event is 100% volunteer driven and run. ALL proceeds go to Franklin Elementary A.P.P.L.E. program. We want to give a special shout out to all of the amazing volunteers – THANK YOU! Please thank the volunteers as you run past, they make this incredible even possible.
See you at Camp Sekani- it is going to be a blast!